Tuesday 18 October 2011

Into Minor Project

Didn't update last week, as I was busy and I never really found the time. I'll leave posting the advanced techniques stuff here, as I don't really have any render's I'm pleased with. Rendering as PNG did some odd stuff to the transparency I think unfortunately.

So instead I'll post up the results of last week's brief, which was to create two sets of storyboards, one for an advert that has already been made (sort of an exercise in devolving the ad back to storyboard form), and a page from a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Script.

The ad I chose was an advert for Kelloggs Frosties, which meant lots of drawing Tony the Tiger, but gave me the advantage of having nice clean shots to work back from.

In the interest of space, I'll just put an example board in the post here, and then a link to the Picasa album at the bottom. Here's one from the Frosties ad.


The Turtles script was from an episode called The Mobster From Dimension X, which is about a guy called the Globfather, who comes and does terrible, terrible things. As you can expect Turtles become involved and the aforementioned terrible things are resolved through the use of Ninjitsu, the eating of pizza, and in this case, remote controlled cars and industrial strength vacuums.

The page I was allocated was essentially during a scene in which Donatello and The Evil Warlord Dregg™ are fighting to wrest control over a satellite with a big 'ol laser on it. I'm fuzzy on the purpose of the laser at this point but rest assured The Evil Warlord Dregg™ probably wants it for doing evil warlord-y stuff, and you can all feel happy when he gets his comeuppance. (If you want to see said comeuppance you're gonna have to find the blog of whoever did page 44, because in mine he just gets slightly annoyed by a remote controlled car).

So anyway, here's a board from the turtles script.


This week, pre-prod for the main section of minor project, which involves doing a short animation of a sound clip we've been allocated. Should be fun!

StoryBoarding - Minor Project

No comments:

Post a Comment